MOU-RBA Archives

September 2011

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Charlene Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2011 15:09:15 -0600
Thank you. As a farm owner and birder, we are constantly having to chase people off our property this time of year. It's amazing the "entitlement" attitude people have for trespassing especially for hunting. A lot of our wish for privacy has to do with safety with farming still active this time of year, and others who have been given permission for access to our property, and my own activity of birding and other nature enjoyment. Not a year goes by that we don't have a "near miss" with these trespassers. So, when in doubt, stay out, until you have permission.

Another great place to get close pics of Whoopers is at the flyover in Dunellon FL every winter when the new class of birds is brought down with ultralite planes. Or, at Homasassa Springs Wildlife Park in Citrus Co FL where there have been several injured birds the last couple years.
Charlene Nelson
Grant County