MOU-RBA Archives

August 2012

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeanne Tanamachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:03:32 -0600
Two were seen briefly this evening in our backyard. One was probably a juvenile, judging by ragged plumage and behavior towards the other one. They came in to our feeder and moved around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes before departing to who knows where. We could track them by fragments of song. Lauderdale is near the intersection of Larpenteur Ave. and Highway 280 about 1 mile from the State Fair Grounds. Our house is located near the corner of Summer and Pleasant Sts.

Jeanne Tanamachi

“Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do.”--Wendell Berry