MOU-RBA Archives

October 2014

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ron Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:40:38 -0500
My wife and I were out and about when I got a call from a friend of mine named Travis who had just spotted an american bittern at Hillside Cemetery in north Minneapolis off of stinson.  It was near the front of the cemetery and to the right before going up the hill.  It was under and right next to a maple tree of all places.  My friend had to go but I found it with his directions. This was between one and two p.m. today so I don’t know if he will hang around or not. He was there at least half an hour when Travis called and we watched him another half hour. He didn’t seem disturbed by other activities around him.  I told the groundskeeper about it and his comment was funny.  He said “We’re interested in things vertical as well.”    Here is a photo at my flickr account.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/14937679074/in/photostream/
Good luck
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids