MOU-RBA Archives

January 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:29:17 -0600
From:
Kathy Bresee <[log in to unmask]>
I had to comment on this note Linda -- We have had a Varied Thrush in our
yard in Moorhead since Jan. 12th.  It has acted much like the one that you
are describing in Circle Pines.  I have so enjoyed watching it and am amazed
at its resourcefulness.  It seems to find shelter from the cold winds and
stands his own against the neighborhood squirrels.  He is a beautiful male
bird and your poem describes him to a tee!  I have not been able to get a
good close up picture of him but will treasure this poem if I may?  I have
offered for others to take advantage of seeing him but as far as I know --
only my interested "birding" neighbors have done so.  What a treat for our
eyes and such a welcome guest.
Thanks again
Kathy Bresee