MOU-RBA Archives

October 2013

From:
Jeanne Tanamachi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanne Tanamachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:28:43 -0600
Steve T. and I observed two adult Golden Eagles early this afternoon while we were walking at Langton Lake Park on the west side of Roseville. ID points were the smaller head projection compared to a Bald Eagle, as well as the acute angle where the tails met the bodies and the slight but noticeable dihedral angle of the wings in soaring flight. One of them flew fairly low and close and we were also able to get a decent look at the underside although the light was poor.
Jeanne Tanamachi
Lauderdale MN