MOU-RBA Archives

May 2012

From:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 15:29:14 -0600
My students and I found an American Avocet on Perch Lake
Hey birders,

My students and I found an American Avocet on Perch Lake northeast of Mapleton this afternoon around 3:15pm.  Take 599th Ave north from CR4 to view the lake.  There are plenty of mudflats (at least for now) and the bird was working the open water about 40 yards out.  Also present: ~50 mixed yellowlegs and Pectoral Sandpipers.

New arrivals to the area: Black-and-white Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Sora.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato

P.S. I heard from Andrew Krenz that he was unable to relocate the mockingbird today in Watonwan County.

"But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" --Job 12:7, 9