MOU-RBA Archives

September 2011

From:
Stevan Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stevan Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 04:24:37 -0600
Minnesotans:

If you are not particularly interested in going to Texas's Central Coast to
look for Whooping Cranes, then an alternative is to monitor ND-Birds ( North
Dakota Birds)  https://listserv.nodak.edu/archives/nd-birds.html .  The map
that the Wisconsin Natural Resources has for migratory routes of Whooping
Cranes http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/birds/wcrane/pdfs/Section3.pdf is close
to what a number of other organizations show.  The problem with that map is
that it does not match reports in the ND-Birds archives.  The map that the
Corpus Christi Birding group
http://www.ccbirding.com/twc/1997/WhooperMaps.htm does a better job of
showing the path that Whooping Cranes use when passing through North Dakota.

Hope this helps.

Onward!

Steve

Stevan Hawkins