PIG-LIST Archives

December 2009

PIG-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Jackie Mohn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:22:51 -0600
Hello PIG!
   Hope studying for finals is going well. I just wanted to update you on
the status of the Feed My Starving Children volunteer event. For those of
you who do not know what this is, it is an organization that puts together
food kits for hungry children in crisis.
  We've decided to do a group volunteer evening as a group on Wednesday
January 13th from 8-9:30pm at their Eagan site, 990 Lone Oak Road, Suite
160 Eagan, MN 55121. We have 20 slots available total, so if you would like
to go, please tell us! It should be a lot of fun, giving back to the
community, getting to know other students in PIG and taking a little study
break! Depending on people's locations there is also a possibility to
carpool. I know that I will be driving from campus and have extra room in
my car, and I'm sure others will be driving too.
  Here's a couple of other things to know if you are planning to volunteer:
we need to wear close-toed shoes for safety, and you should not go that day
if you are not feeling well or if you have food allergies.

Email me, at [log in to unmask] if you would like to (and are able to) go.

Thanks!  Good luck studying!

Jackie Mohn