PROBEUSERS Archives

May 2009

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Eric Essene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 09:13:41 -0400

Ritchie,
     Yes, EDS can be added if there is an extra port but it is not
cheap.  EDS takes a few seconds for IDs and WDS scans take 5-10
minutes.  One can get more info from the latter, but it is tedious to
identify all the n.lambda peaks.  I don't know about a service
contract.  We have maintained an old CAMECA Camebax vintige 1983
without one.  It still works well and could be purchased cheaply.  It
has updated computers and software, along with EDS and BSE.  I would
not recommend either machine unless you are gifted in making things
work.
cheers,
eric