PROBEUSERS Archives

May 2009

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Ramos, Jorge A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 11:24:05 -0400

Clarissa,

I have a JXA-8600 microprobe with a Geller system on it.  I had the same
problem you are mentioning with the CRT.  I had JEOL repair the Image
selector board and the display mode on either side of the CRT.  Take a
look in the back of either of these board and trace the lines make sure
they are in the right place and not loose.  If the connection is shiny
then something must have been there previously.  If you have the system
schematics it will help you follow the lines and were they should be.
It might just a section of the board and you might be able to use
another line to get an image on the CRT.

Jorge A Ramos
 Staff Technician
ALCOA Technical Center
Alloy Technology Materials Research