PROBEUSERS Archives

June 2014

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Paul Carpenter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:38:18 -0500

ImageJ=1.46r

Dear JEOL Users,

It is my pleasure to contact you regarding the premier scientific
conference of the year, the International Union of Microbeam Analysis
Societies IUMAS-6 held in conjunction with Microscopy & Microanalysis
2014 in Hartford CT. This meeting is of interest to students,
technicians, and scientists who are involved in microscopy and
microanalysis techniques and applications. The pre-meeting guide and MAS
Spring 2014 Micronews are both available on the IUMAS-6 website and
summarize the programs for both IUMAS-6 and M&M 2014. We will have
excellent interaction within the EPMA community with several IUMAS-6
workshops and sessions during M & M 2014. We also will celebrate the
contributions of Moseley and Ogilvie during the meeting.

*The deadline for early registration is June 23^rd , 2014*

*Meeting information*

The links for IUMAS-6 and M&M 2014 with full meeting details are:

http://www.iumas6.org/
http://www.microscopy.org/MandM/2014/index.cfm

The highlights of IUMAS-6 include: your choice of two workshops on
microanalysis techniques, group lunches, presentations by equipment
vendors, a day-long plenary on microanalysis, and a combined MAS-IUMAS-6
social. The IUMAS-6 meeting is continuous with M & M 2014 which has a
large number of sessions dedicated to microanalysis techniques and
applications. This combined meeting will draw on the international
community of earth and materials science, with an emphasis on
microanalysis topics.

Please see the web sites and contact me for additional information.

Sincerely,

Paul Carpenter

Vice-Chair & Student Support Liaison, IUMAS-6 Organizing Committee
Earth and Planetary Sciences CB 1169, Washington University, St. Louis,
MO 63130
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
314-935-5471

****