PROBEUSERS Archives

September 2018

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Deon van Niekerk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:50:54 -0500
Hi All,

The report back on the strange spectrometer problem I had: we opened up the spectrometer again but couldn't find any wires clearly getting tangled or chafing.The engineer twisted the cables around a little bit to be sure. Whatever was wrong seems to have gotten fixed in the fiddling. The spectrometer was acting normally again after 1 day of calibrating and running tests. It's held for a week now with users running it with no  funny business.

Deon.

****