PROBEUSERS Archives

November 2005

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Larry Stoter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JEOL Probe Users List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:44:30 +0000

>JEOL Probe Users Listserver
>
>Moderator: Ellery Frahm, [log in to unmask],
>Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota
>
>Post a message: send your message to [log in to unmask]
>
>Unsubscribe: send "SIGNOFF PROBEUSERS" to [log in to unmask]
>
>On-line help and FAQ: http://probelab.geo.umn.edu/listserver.html
>

>*
>
>Greetings.
>
>I will soon be moving into a newly remodeled building where they
>have installed dimmable fluorescent lighting in the probe lab.  The
>people in charge claim that because these lamps dim using an
>electronic ballast that they will not interfere with the probe CRT.
>Is that true? Does anyone have experience with this type of
>lighting?  thanks, sk

>   ....amphiboles do violence to history...
>	T. Feininger, 2001.  (taken out of context)
>	     ****************************
>
>	Dr. Scott Kuehner                    [log in to unmask]
>	Dept. of Earth and Space Sciences      ph.206-543-8393
>	Mail Stop 351310			     Fax 206-616-6873
>	The University of Washington
>	Seattle, Washington  98195-1310

Request whoever is responsible to guarantee, in writing, that there
not be a problem. Further, ask them to also guarantee, in writing,
that they accept full responsibility for all costs associated with
all remedial and consequential work should a problem arise.

You will then quickly find out if they really know what they are
talking about :-)

--
Larry Stoter

PLEASE NOTE
1. Any mail other than plain text will be automatically deleted.
2. Any mail, legitimate or not, apparently or actually from hotmail,
netscape, yahoo or excite will automatically be deleted.
3. Mail with no subject or without a clear subject will be ignored :-)