PROBEUSERS Archives

December 2017

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Stephen Kuehn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 08:31:56 -0500
Ken,

John D. is quite right about the importance of including a blank standard.
I'm looking for a good pyrite blank too - i.e. known very low concentrations of trace elements, perhaps by LA-ICP-MS.

Also, watch out for microinclusions in the pyrites. Some of the trace elements tend to concentrate there.

- Steve

--

----------------
Dr. Stephen C. Kuehn