PROBEUSERS Archives

March 2015

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
John Fournelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:27:42 -0800
I’ve been approached to analyze an alloy which has at least one if not  two Tungsten carbides. I have no explicit Tungsten Carbide std. I do have from my predecessor a mount with several other carbides (from memory, Nb and Ta ones I think—I’m away from the lab today). Push comes to shove, I’ll use W metal and try these carbides…but I wonder if anyone has experience with this and knows if there is any relatively accessible material out there which I might be able to use if not as a primary standard, at least as a secondary one.

Thanks.

John Fournelle
Senior Scientist
Director, Electron Probe and SEM Lab
University of Wisconsin Dept of Geoscience
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
Cell 608-438-7480

****