PROBEUSERS Archives

February 2016

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Ken Severin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:20:37 -0900
Hi all - I'm sending this to both lists so I can get everyone's wisdom.

I was explaining to a class about setting up gas detectors and the
difference between differential and integral modes.  The question came up
as to why one would ever operate in intergral mode.  I didn't have a good
answer (obviously setting up really tight parameters in differential mode
can cause problems) - why not use differential mode with wide windows
instead of integral mode?

Is this a holdover from earlier electronics?

Ken in Alaska

****