PROBEUSERS Archives

April 2008

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Ellery Frahm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:09:00 -0500

I'd like to purchase additional welding googles for use while coating
specimens in our new vacuum evaporator (via thermal evaporation using
sharpened carbon rods).  I have one old pair of welding googles, but I
have no idea what shade they are (they don't appear to be labelled).
Does anyone know the minimum shade value for this purpose?  5?  10?
15?  Something in-between?  I and other researchers in the lab enjoy
seeing, so I'd like to choose the right shade.

Thanks,
Ellery

Ellery E. Frahm
Research Fellow & Manager