PROBEUSERS Archives

September 2020

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Allaz Julien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2020 08:42:56 +0000
Hi Radoslaw,

Unless I am mistaking, historically the “J” indicate that the monochromator geometry is of “Johansson” type (in opposite to Johann). The Johansson geometry has the 2d lattice bent at a radius of 2R, and the monochromator is then further grinded to a R radius, offering thus a perfect focusing of the X-ray on the detector.

Nowadays it is common to still see it on the PET monochromator (PETJ) but I haven’t seen it on other monochromator…

Best,

Julien

###########################
Dr. Julien Allaz