PROBEUSERS Archives

January 2021

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2021 16:42:01 -0600
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Keith Collins <[log in to unmask]>
JEOL 8530FPlus probe with windows 10 64 bit running on an HP Z4 G4 workstation.  I keep getting random 928 fatal post errors on slot 0.  JEOL does not want to upgrade bios or nvidia drivers so that fix is out of the question.    The longest I have been able to run between errors is two and half days.  I have reseated the video card, slot 1, (I don't think that is the  problem) Changed slot timing to generation 1 from auto in the bios on slot 1, that did not work either.  Basically all I can find on the internet is that this issue is unique to HP.  Does anyone have any idea on what is causing the fatal post error and if so how to fix it.  All help is appreciated.

****