PROBEUSERS Archives

April 2007

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Eric J Essene 1 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:39:57 -0400

Ron,
     If you do point analyses and move the stage rather than the
beam, that would be OK as long as the sample is well polished and you
are not on cracks or phase boundaries.  One could fuse the sample if
that is possible and analyze the glass.  Otherwise one is risking
systematic errors for quantitative results with WDS.  Inhomogeneities
aside, EDS could be used if the ZAF corrections are not too
variable.  Of course, there are other techniques available for bulk
analyses.
eric