PROBEUSERS Archives

December 2019

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
John Donovan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 10:41:40 -0800
Hi John,

I've seen significant variation in thickness using sputter coaters,
though using metal targets.  Here is what Ben Buse showed for Ag on a
thin section:

https://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?topic=1232.0

I would assume it's also a problem for carbon sputter coating, though I
have not tested a modern carbon sputter coater.

john

--
John J. Donovan         [log in to unmask]
University of Oregon    (541) 346-4632 (office)

CAMCOR Web:             http://camcor.uoregon.edu/
Facility Web:           http://epmalab.uoregon.edu/
Cameca SX100 Schedule:  http://camcor.uoregon.edu/wp/calendar/sx100
FEI Quanta Schedule:    http://camcor.uoregon.edu/wp/calendar/sem