PROBEUSERS Archives

September 2018

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Deon van Niekerk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2018 05:34:41 -0500
Hi Cyril,

The engineer is from a company that represents JEOL here, but not a JEOL employee. I was using the down time to get some admin, etc. done, so wasn't looking over his shoulder the whole time....I assume he checked the linearity and reproducability during spectrometer calibration. He did fill out a JEOL service repair report and did do spectrometer calibration and xtal optimization. (I was hoping that he would return to fix the problem under a workmanship guarantee, but they wants to put it down as new labor on our service contract, which I'm not happy about).

Thanks,
Deon.

****