PROBEUSERS Archives

August 2015

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Paul Eric Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:34:32 +0200
Dear Probe community,

please apologize double posting!

Since our very old carbon coater died a couple of weeks we are now looking to buy a new machine. At the moment we are using a Balzers EVM052, which uses a carbon rod and we were able to coat up to 6 thin section (2.7x4.7 cm) in one go.
Our new machine should be also able to coat the same amount of samples. Therefore we are looking for a machine, which uses carbon rods, comes with a large vacuum chamber and a large distance between target and sample to provide homogeneous coating. Furthermore, a rotary table would be good too.
We highly appreciate if some of you can report experience with the new generation models and help us choosing the right model.
If someone is using a Balzers EVM052 machine it would be good to get in touch for possible troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance and regards to all of you
Eric
Dr. Paul Eric Wolff

Institute of Mineralogy
Leibniz University of Hannover