PROBEUSERS Archives

December 2009

PROBEUSERS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Chris Salter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:11:50 +0000

Hi, Not on a 733 but a 8800.

We had a similar problem a few years ago. It developed shortly after a column clean and had an initial period of 4 to 6 hours so no one believed that there was a problem. However this got progressively worse until it  had a period of a few minutes. I suspected that a small piece of dirt had managed to survive the clean and moved near to the beam path and was charging and discharging.

The problem went away when we did a second column clean.

Chris Salter, BegbrokeNano,
Department of Materials, Oxford