PUBPOL-L Archives

June 1998

PUBPOL-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
John Leatherman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Leatherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:28:33 +0000
   _-- Public Policy Network - Posting to [log in to unmask] --_

Greetings:

I'm seeking examples of local government use of the Internet. I'm
looking for more than nifty home pages. I'm looking for examples how
local government is conducting business and otherwise improving
service delivery through its use of the Internet.

One major class of activities would be how local government is
increasing communication with constituents and enhancing
opportunities for citizen participation. Another class of activities
would be allowing citizens access to data, records, or services
online.

I am also interested in any issue papers that have been developed
that relate to local government and the Internet, e.g. electronic
commerce and local sales taxes; electronic communication between
elected officials and open meeting laws; investing in technology
versus new physical facilities.

For anyone responding and requesting, I will compile all responses
received and send them back to you for your use.

Thanks for your help.

John Leatherman, Director
Office of Local Government

Kansas State University-Extension