PUBPOL-L Archives

March 2003

PUBPOL-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"G. David Garson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
G. David Garson
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:46:17 -0500
_-- Public Policy Network - Posting to [log in to unmask] --_

Call for contributions: public administration and IT

Dear Colleague,

I am the editor of the "Social Science Computer Review," aspects of
which have long covered public administration dimensions of
information systems. This letter is a call for proposals related to a
topic which is of current theoretical interest in the field.

An upcoming issue of our journal will feature commentaries or
critiques on one of another aspect of Jane Fountain's book, "Building
the Virtual State," which has been widely received as an
interpretation which seeks to make an important contribution to
social science theory as it relates to public management information
systems. We are not seeking book reviews but rather insightful
commentaries and critiques of particular aspects of the book.

Contributions could be from letter-to-the-editor length on up to full-
scale articles. Articles will be peer reviewed. While some
contributions are now accepted, this project would be enhanced by a
few more contributions, which would be due June 10, 2003, for
possible publication in our winter issue. If you are interested,
please contact me with a one page proposal at your earliest
convenience.

Best wishes,
Dave Garson
Editor, SSCORE

=

____________________________________

G. David Garson
Editor, Social Science Computer Review
NCSU Box 8102
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8102

For UPS and Express Mail:
G. David Garson
212 Caldwell Hall / PSPA
Hillsborough Street
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8102

Tel. 919-515-3067
Fax 919-515-7333
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

G. David Garson                  Editor, Social Science Computer
Review
NCSU Box 8102                  Full Professor, Department of
Political
Raleigh, NC 27695-8102      Science & Public Administration, NCSU

Express Mail, add:              Tel. 919-515-3067
106 Caldwell (PSPA)           Fax 919-515-7333 or 7856
Hillsborough St.                 E-mail: [log in to unmask]

        Public Policy Network - PUBPOL-L
  Supported by the Public Affairs Student Assoc.
  Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
           University of Minnesota
    http://www.hhh.umn.edu/pubpol/pubpol.htm
  Commands to:  [log in to unmask]
  Subscribe: SUB PUBPOL-L "Your Name"
_ Unsubscribe: UNSUB PUBPOL-L                  _