UM-BBD Archives

University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database

UM-BBD@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Lynda B.M. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2012 13:35:33 -0500
       University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database
                   Progress Report 202 - May 18, 2012

Thank you for your interest in the UM-BBD.

To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your subscription options, go to:
http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=um-bbd&A=1

- A pathway for nitrate (anaerobic), a source of nitrogen for growth
   and a possible electron sink, has been added.  This pathway was
   started by a student from Manchester College, Indiana,
   under direction of his instructor, Jeffery P. Osborne.
   http://umbbd.msi.umn.edu/nit/nit_map.html
   http://umbbd.ethz.ch/nit/nit_map.html
http://srs.ebi.ac.uk/srs6bin/cgi-bin/wgetz?-e+[UPATHWAY-ID:'nit_map']

- You may have noticed the long downtime of our Minnesota server
   last month.  We apologize for this unscheduled outage.  We are moving
   to a new server, and hope these problems will decrease in the coming
   months.  The new server is presently our ETHZ mirror, and will take
   over primary hosting duties within 30 days, exact time not known yet.
   The change should be transparent to users.  However, Progress Reports
   will be less frequent at first.  The move will mean all
   umbbd.msi.umn.edu URLs will change to umbbd.ethz.ch . The old URLs will
   continue to work for a while, but update them in links and bookmarks as
   soon as you can.
   http://umbbd.ethz.ch/

- Along with the move of server, the email list will also be moving.
   The move of the email list should also be transparent to users.
   Watch for a message announcing the change in the coming months.

- The Contributors page has been updated to reflect the above changes.
   Kathrin Fenner, EAWAG, and Emanuel Schmid, ETHZ, have been added to
   "Staff."  Also, Jeffrey P. Osborne, Manchester College, Indiana, USA
   has been added to the International Scientific Advisory Board.
   http://umbbd.msi.umn.edu/contrib.html
   http://umbbd.ethz.ch/contrib.html

- On the Links page, the link for Scorecard was updated, and the link for
   GREP: Generator of Reaction Equations and Pathways was deleted.
   http://umbbd.msi.umn.edu/resources.html
   http://umbbd.ethz.ch/resources.html

If you have comments on any aspect of the UM-BBD, please let us know.

Lynda Ellis <[log in to unmask]>