UM-BBD Archives

April 2001

UM-BBD@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:59:41 -0500 (CDT)
UM-BBD Sixth Annual User Survey             April 12, 2001

This is the Sixth Annual UM-BBD User Survey.  Since last year, in part
based on last year's survey, we have added 5 and updated 9 pathways.
Also, searching for enzyme name synonyms (alternative names) is available;
the Boolean operators AND OR or NOT can be used in compound and enzyme
name searches; searches on partial EC codes return results ordered by EC
code; enzyme pages include links which search GenBank for gene sequences,
GenPept for protein sequences and PDB for protein structures, when
appropriate; reaction pages include links to enzyme pages; and compound
pages include SMILES strings.

Please take a few minutes to answer the following questions to help guide
this year's work and return this survey to me at:

by April 27, 2001.  Results will be reported on the UM-BBD
(http://umbbd.ahc.umn.edu/) and sent to the UM-BBD user e-mail list.

Where you are asked to choose between different answers,  please indicate
your choice as:  ___X___

Thank you very much for your help.

- Lynda Ellis, Co-Director UM-BBD ([log in to unmask])

1. Professional Affiliation (choose one)

_____ Industry

_____ Academic

_____ Government

_____ Other affiliation, please specify

2. Priority for UM-BBD development (choose one)

_____ More breadth (more pathways, reactions, and/or compounds)

_____ More depth (more information on each pathway, reaction
      and/or compound, or more features, such as search options)

3.  What is the most useful UM-BBD information for you?
    (choose one)

_____ Pathway maps (text, graphics, significance statements,
      links to organism information, dynamic pathway generation)

_____ Reactions (text, graphics, links to literature, DNA sequences,
       enzymes)

_____ Enzymes (links to DNA sequences, protein sequences,
      protein structures, enzyme databases)

_____ Compounds (text, graphics, formula, CAS Reg. Number, SMILES
      string, links)

_____ Useful Internet Resources page

4. We are developing a biodegradation prediction system and need a
    few people to evaluate our system.  Would you like to help?
    If so, please put your email address here and we will send you
    more information:

5. What is your primary use for the database now? (choose one)

_____ Research

_____ Research and Development

_____ Development

_____ Development and Education

_____ Education

_____ Research and Education

_____ Other use, please specify

6.  Any other comments, suggestions for pathways to include or
    update, new features, etc. (comments will be anonymously
    posted on the web and questions will be answered there)