WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Patrick Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:26:18 -0600
It sounds like the conversation is directed to screen capture images, but if
anyone is in need of screen recording, the enterprise wide
installation of Camtasia
Relay is up and running.  You can find it under the guise of Class Capture
at:

http://oit.umn.edu/class-capture/

It's tied into Media Mill and Media Magnet, so online distribution and
vodcasting is wrapped up in the service.

Pat

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Brian Hayden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Ken Loomis wrote:
>
>  Jing sounds like it would meet your needs. There's a free version
>> available for Windows and Mac.
>>
>> http://www.jingproject.com/features/
>>

>> Ken
>>
>> Simone Q. Vuong wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have recommendations for a screen capture tool that:
>>>
>>> - is free or, at the very least, cheap (SnagIt, at ~ $50 each, is too
>>> much),
>>> - can also capture regions of a screen,
>>> - allows some image editing, like the ability circle an object or draw an
>>> arrow to point to something specific in the image, and
>>> - is very simple to use because it would be used by non-technical staff.
>>>  GIMP is too complicated for non-technical staff.
>>>

> A lot of people are using Skitch for this. Disclaimer: I've played with it,
> but have no idea if its suitable for business use here (licensing, etc,
> etc).
>
> http://skitch.com/
>
> -Brian

Patrick Haggerty