WEBSTANDARDS Archives

January 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Jeremy J. Casper" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:56:02 -0600
University Relations has been working on developing templates for
UMContent and we are pleased to announce that these are now available to
the University community. The templates were developed from the
viewpoint of allowing groups with minimal web knowledge to create a
website quickly based on the web templates available on the Brand
website (www.umn.edu/brand).

These templates do not require any HTML knowledge for users to use them,
just simply send a request to the Office of Information Technology (OIT)
and they will create a UMContent site that users can start creating
content immediately. Some of the features of the templates are:

    * Ability to create a horizontal navigation similar to the home page
    * Option to show breadcrumbs in the pages
    * Option to set header, footer, and background colors
    * Select from a couple of page layouts (one column, two column, etc)

If any group is interested in utilizing these templates, please look at
the documentation available on our blog post at
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/brand/blog/2011/01/templates-for-umcontent-available.php.

Any questions or comments can be sent to [log in to unmask]

-Jeremy J. Casper
University Relations