WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Blaine Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:14:43 -0600
*Some notes from An Event Apart Minneapolis 2011*

An Event Apart was an amazing three-day conference, filled with great
sessions, conversations, networking, and parties. After (well, actually,
during) the conference, I found several sets of conference notes posted
publicly. I've shared these with some people, but I never got around to
sending these to the list as a whole. Here ya go:

*Luke Wroblewski's notes:*
http://www.lukew.com/ff/archive.asp?tag&aeaminneapolis2011

In case you haven't seen his notes, Luke publishes detailed, public notes
of most conferences he attends -- look around his "Writings" section for
archives of the last decade of great conferences. This page is a gold mine:
http://www.lukew.com/ff/

*Additional "Nuggets" from Ivan Stegic:*
https://aeaminneapolis.backpackit.com/pub/2067173-aea-mpls-day-1-nuggets
https://aeaminneapolis.backpackit.com/pub/2066405-nuggets-from-an-event-apart-minneapolis

*A Brief History of Web Standards* (infographic):
http://www.vitamintalent.com/dotAsset/a06c1aab-696f-492d-9d7b-9115de98a6da

*Finally, Sketch Notes from Mike Rohde -- **I was blown away by these --** he
draws these live, just like this:*
http://rohdesign.com/weblog/2011/8/15/an-event-apart-minneapolis-sketchnotes.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rohdesign/sets/72157627257082843/

For future conferences, here is the main site: http://aneventapart.com/

Blaine Cross

--
Blaine Cross
Web Developer | New Media Group | Marketing