WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Dan Sagisser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:05:49 -0500
Hi all!

We finally launched our new responsive site this week.  It's one of our
departments, Curriculum and Instruction.

www.cehd.umn.edu/ci/

Take a look, it uses the off-canvas method of doing a responsive site.  So
as the screen gets smaller, content stays on the page, but just displayed
off to the sides, you simply pull it back in using the tabs.

We're still tweaking it bit by bit, it's a pretty new way to do a
responsive site, but we feel like it came out pretty well.

-Dan Sagisser

--
Dan Sagisser
Information Architect and Project Manager