WEBSTANDARDS Archives

August 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kevin Charles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:11:30 -0500
Hello Tim,
You may have already considered it, or dismissed it, but it might be
possible to write a reliable script that takes the events from the multiple
calendars and places them in a single master calendar.
If you updated the master calendar via a trigger (which can run every minute
if you like) it would seem the trick would become flagging prior imported
events as to not get duplicates.
If you don't want to modify the events on the calendars you are pulling from
to flag them as imported, there is an event id available that you could list
in a spreadsheet.
http://code.google.com/googleapps/appsscript/class_calendarevent.html

If you choose this option I would love to hear back how it worked for you.
 I have several calendars I would like to group together automatically.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Charles
Computer Labs