WEBSTANDARDS Archives

December 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Rachel Lam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:41:08 -0600
The CFANS theme is a child theme I built based on the Genesis Framework by
StudioPress. (Their base theme is great & they are good at making sure that
Genesis is updated frequently. Nothing has broken after any updates.)
Getting all the divs & php in the right place so that things work properly
isn't that hard.
http://www.studiopress.com/

We use the same theme for a bunch of sites. Site maintainers can insert
their own banner, pick 2- or 3-column templates on a per-page basis, and
pick whether or not they want a horizontal top nav bar as well as something
in the left column.

I'm running a bunch of sites using WordPress multisite. It's a little
quirky and some things take a while to figure out at first, but it's nice
only having to update templates & plugins once and have it apply to a bunch
of sites.

- Rachel