WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kathy Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:56:56 -0500
U Relations has been asked this question from time to time, so I
thought I'd try to track down the answer for you.

I emailed OIT Security and was told the following:

> The first stop for anyone considering or changing methods of
> accepting credit cards should be the University Payment Card
> Compliance Office.
>
> Here is their web page with contact info:
>
> http://www.finsys.umn.edu/ar/pcidss.html
>
> Once the process has been approved by the University Payment Card
> Compliance Office, the University Payment Card Compliance Office
> notifies OIT Security if credit card information will be
> transmitted, processed, or stored using the University Internet.

The policy that is referenced on this website can be found here: http://www.policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Cash/BANKING_PROC01.html

I realize that this may not be a complete solution, but perhaps the
contact person for payment card compliance would have some suggestions
- Greg Miller, [log in to unmask]

Kathy

On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Amber Bailey wrote:

> ...sorry for the cross posting to multiple lists...
>
> Does anyone know if there is a central University service that can
> help us sell an item online for an athletic fundraiser...and that
> can take online credit card payments?  We'd rather not have our
> buyers fill out simple online order form and then have to
> (separately) send in a check, cash or call our UMC Business Office
> with a credit card number (which we've had to do in the past).
>
> If not, does anyone know if it's against University policy to set up
> a PayPal account and embed the "buy now" button on the page to take
> an online credit card payment? I'm considering the "standard" plan
> here: https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/compare_wp_products
>
> Or this there another option I should consider?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -amber :)
>
> --
> Amber L. Bailey