WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
David Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:31:27 -0600
Hi Everyone:

Inspired by Nuria and Liz's presentation, I wrote some JavaScript which will
automatically add click handlers which will track your the file downloads.
It utilizes the Prototype framework, but a similar idea could be ported to
jQuery, or whatever. I would love constructive criticism (off list) if you
think the code could be improved or if you think I should add details to the
post, but please nothing condescending!

Solution posted here:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/oir/2010/11/tracking-file-downloads-wgoogle-analytics.html

<http://blog.lib.umn.edu/oir/2010/11/tracking-file-downloads-wgoogle-analytics.html>