WEBSTANDARDS Archives

December 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Sara Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:04:29 -0600
I thought there was a little crossover between the E-Learning and Web
Standards groups here, so I wanted to share with both.

I've long respected Tim O'Reilly and see him as someone who can really take
an analytical perspective on current techs and think about behavior and
what will happen over the long haul.  He did this with Web 2.0 and now he's
turning his eye to MOOCs and online educational models.

It's an excellent read, and his vision reminds me a lot of how people in
tech circles work in terms of sharing and taking code in new directions.
 It's also exciting pedagogically.

http://radar.oreilly.com/2012/12/the-mooc-movement-is-not-an-indicator-of-educational-evolution.html

--

And, because I cannot help myself, I would like to point out the
paraphrasing of Jon Bruner's argument that MOOCs are a necessary shake up

/end Sara's usual critical analysis of business practice in higher ed.

--

-----

Sara Hurley
Instructional Designer & Team Lead