WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Craig Gjerdingen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 07:17:22 -0600
Like Matt posted, we (at Carlson School) use and have good results from
the  "Detect content within a hidden form element" technique mentioned in
the WebAIM article. We also moved everything clearly internal behind a
Central Auth page.

It is pretty easy to implement the hidden form element techinque and has no
impact on the end users (which we like).

reCaptcha does provide for the social good of digitizing old books, newspapers
and magazines, so I would recommend it if you are set on using a Captcha.