WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Sara Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:05:26 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have a question that I've been unable to find answers to and am wondering
about the impacts on other Android users.

The calendaring function on Androids integrates with your personal Google
account and there seems to be no way of also bringing in a calendar from a
different Google account unless it is shared with the primary account.
Since the University is not allowing external accounts to make changes or
see anything more than free/busy times for the University installation of
Google, do people know if there's a way around this?  Or whether OIT is
aware of this issue for Android phones?  (For instance, i can see from my
Android phone that I'm booked at different times, but have no access to the
content of what exactly I'm booked for.)

I'm just wondering because I keep asking to no avail.  I figure that between
all the smart people on these lists someone has to know something.

--

-----

Sara Hurley
Instructional Designer