WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Kathy Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 15:01:59 -0500
All,

University Relations has added an official University header and footer
template to Google sites.

This new template includes branded elements coupled with a fluid design
that can accommodate either a horizontal or a sidebar navigation scheme.

Template features include:

   - the University's block M, wordmark, and Driven to Discover on a maroon
   background in the header.
   - horizontal navigation, which can be changed to sidebar navigation or a
   Google gadget navigation if desired.
    - a search field that allows users to search only the Google site
   they're on, search all University Google sites, or search umn.eduwebsites.
   - a fluid design that adjusts the site content to display based on
   browser size or device (in other words, it will work well on a phone).
   - links to One Stop, myU, and the campuses above the footer.
   - the official University footer.

All official University websites created using Google sites should use an
official web header and footer. This is the first of at least two header
and footer templates we plan to create. More information and guidelines can
be found on the template itself.

To use the new template, go into the University's Google sites:
https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu

Hit the "Create" button, then click on the "Browse gallery for more" link.

You'll be presented with a long list of templates. Choose the template
named "UofM Official Google Sites Template I" (currently at the bottom of
the list).

As always, we'd like to make University branding choices that are easy for
you to use. Please email us at [log in to unmask] if you have any suggestions
for changes or improvements to the header and footer included in this
template.

Thank you!
Kathy

--