WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2013

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Eva C Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:22:53 -0500
The problem with event tracking (and there's a little javascript you can
use also) to track downloads, is it only tracks the downloads that come
from your website.  For example, there are many websites that link to the
Travel Expense form (UM 1612), and those would not be tracked by event
tracking (or the other method) with GA.

There's also the issue of how long it will take to add the tracking code to
all our internal pdf/doc/xls file links on our website.  I've added it to
the page that lists all the forms - and allows people to search for forms,
but have not added it on individual form, and other document links on our
site.

Eva