WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Philip M Kragnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:49:40 -0500
I really like the texting option.  It is estimated that only 10% of the blind population reads braille.  I suggest, like most room numbering on campus, that signage include braille and high-contrast large alpha-numeric characters.  The most appealing part of the Texas system is that there is an option for most kinds of users: phone, text, Web site, and QR code.

Philip M Kragnes, M.S.
Computer Accommodations Program
University of Minnesota
McNamara Alumni Center