WEBSTANDARDS Archives

September 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kristofer Layon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:01:43 -0500
September is here, and that means we're resuming our monthly meetings
after taking a 2-month summer break.  Please note the change in day
(and also the slight change in time):

Thursday Sep. 17
11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
101 Walter

This month's topic will be our traditional "return to our roots" that
we do at least once a year, and focus on CSS and all that it can
leverage and control, including:

* layout and positioning
* typography
* styling or 'skinning'

Where appropriate, we'll also address (X)HTML as it pertains to CSS.
For the most part, we'll try to steer clear of scripting languages and
save that for another meeting.

Also, note that the underlying focus of this is design and
presentation (graphic versus medium / device); our October meeting is
tentatively set to focus on design for mobile devices.

So if you are interested in providing us with any updated tips, recent
developments, innovative suggestions, and demos that we can see on
screen, please send me an email!

And to RSVP (for lunch), please visit:

http://www.saa.umn.edu/webstandards/register

Thank you,

Kris Layon, meeting facilitator
UM Web Standards & Accessibility Workgroup

- - -

Kristofer D. Layon
Director of Web Design & Online Collaboration
612.624.4545  :  [log in to unmask]  :  http://blog.lib.umn.edu/layo0002/work/
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/