WEBSTANDARDS Archives

December 2009

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Phil Kragnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:15:25 -0600
Jon Gunderson (U of Ill) is writing a grant to the federal government to
support the development of the Firebug A11y Accessibility Extension.  An
open source tool to help evaluate web applications for accessibility
features using HTML, CSS, ARIA and HTML5 technologies.   This tool is
designed to replace the current Firefox Accessibility Extension by
integrating the features into Firebug, the most popular tool used by web
developers for debugging web applications.  It will feature customizable
rules and support rules being developed through the Openajax Alliance sub
group on accessibility.

More information on the tool:
http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/Firebug_Accessibility_Extension

As a part of the grant I would like to include letters of support.
I have already contacted some people privately, since they provided letters
for previous proposal last year.
Please let me know if you are willing to write a letter of support.

More information including sample letters, were to send the letter of
support and overview of the project:
http://www.cita.illinois.edu/2010-nidrr/

**** Deadlines *****

Ideally I need at least a fax or electronic copy (PDF) by Friday, December
18th, 2009, original by Monday, January 4th 2010. Please contact me if this
will be a problem or if you have any questions.

More information on sending letters of support and about the project:
http://www.cita.illinois.edu/2010-nidrr/

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to hearing
from you.

Jon

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator Information Technology Accessibility
Disability Resources and Educational Services

Rehabilitation Education Center
Room 86
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, Illinois 61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870

WWW: http://www.cita.illinois.edu/
WWW: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jongund/www/

Privacy Information
This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this email is not the intended recipient, or agent responsible for
delivering or copying of this communication, you are hereby notified that
any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then
delete it. Thank you.