WEBSTANDARDS Archives

February 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:21:34 -0600
7bit
From:
Shane Nackerud <[log in to unmask]>
Kris and all--

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your inquiry, but this one seems a little
different.  It is prohibited to include advertisements on a UThink
blog.  However, I don't see any problems with using Google Ad Words to
drive traffic to a blog.  You are just advertising the blog through Ad
Words, right?  That seems completely reasonable to me.

I would check with the policy library, but this seems very appropriate
and still within U of M guidelines and policies.  If no advertisements
appear on the blog, and the blog is not set up to make money in any way,
I think this is fine.

Shane
Head UThink geek

--