WEBSTANDARDS Archives

January 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:03:57 -0600
From:
Brian Hayden <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
On Jan 27, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Zachary Johnson wrote:

> Valid point... and to support what both you and Andre have said,
> maybe we need the opportunity to setup landing pages for relevant
> content more automatically...
>
> umn.edu/H1N1 could bring users to a page with important content and
> links to other UMN sites for more details.
>
> something like that?

I think that'd be fantastic.

Here's a hackish thought for you... there could be UMN wiki pages that
are just aggregators of links around the U for specific topics... and
each of these could have a z.umn.edu short url, like... z.umn.edu/
h1n1 ...

Sorry, my inner Rube Goldberg took over for a second. ;)

-Brian