WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Kathy Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:16:07 -0500
After emailing my initial findings about this to the list, I received
an email from Greg Miller. Apparently I referenced the wrong policy.
See the correct information below.

***************************

Kathy -

Good morning!

Someone forwarded your email to the Communicator 's Forum to me. Yes,
I am the appropriate person to assist the University Community with
their payment card processes. Unfortunately, the procedure you
referenced at http://www.policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Cash/BANKING_PROC01.html
  is not current.

The correct location for the policy is:
http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Cash/PAYMENTCARDS.html
and the related procedures are at:
http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Cash/PAYMENTCARDS_PROC01.html
http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Cash/PAYMENTCARDS_PROC02.html

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

On Apr 5, 2011, at 9:38 AM, Amber Bailey wrote:

> Thanks Kathy for the response :)  Someone else told me to contact
> Greg...and I did last week.  He seems like a very nice and helpful
> person...hoping to get a solution.
>
> -amber :)
>
> Amber L. Bailey
> Associate Program Director
> E-Communications Manager
>
> University of Minnesota, Crookston
> 2900 University Ave
> 139 Kiehle Building
> Crookston, MN 56716
> 218-281-8379
> 800-UMC-MINN ext. 8379
> 218-281-8440 (fax)
>
> www.umcrookston.edu
>
> Small Campus. Big Degree.
>
> On 4/5/2011 8:56 AM, Kathy Jensen wrote:
>>
>> U Relations has been asked this question from time to time, so I
>> thought I'd try to track down the answer for you.
>>
>> I emailed OIT Security and was told the following:
>>
>>> The first stop for anyone considering or changing methods of
>>> accepting credit cards should be the University Payment Card
>>> Compliance Office.
>>>
>>> Here is their web page with contact info:
>>>
>>> http://www.finsys.umn.edu/ar/pcidss.html
>>>
>>> Once the process has been approved by the University Payment Card
>>> Compliance Office, the University Payment Card Compliance Office
>>> notifies OIT Security if credit card information will be
>>> transmitted, processed, or stored using the University Internet.
>>
>> The policy that is referenced on this website can be found here: http://www.policy.umn.edu/Policies/Finance/Cash/BANKING_PROC01.html
>>
>> I realize that this may not be a complete solution, but perhaps the
>> contact person for payment card compliance would have some
>> suggestions - Greg Miller, [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Kathy
>>

>> On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Amber Bailey wrote:
>>
>>> ...sorry for the cross posting to multiple lists...
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if there is a central University service that can
>>> help us sell an item online for an athletic fundraiser...and that
>>> can take online credit card payments?  We'd rather not have our
>>> buyers fill out simple online order form and then have to
>>> (separately) send in a check, cash or call our UMC Business Office
>>> with a credit card number (which we've had to do in the past).
>>>
>>> If not, does anyone know if it's against University policy to set
>>> up a PayPal account and embed the "buy now" button on the page to
>>> take an online credit card payment? I'm considering the "standard"
>>> plan here: https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/compare_wp_products
>>>
>>> Or this there another option I should consider?

> [...]
>>> 800-UMC-MINN ext. 8379
>>> 218-281-8440 (fax)
>>>
>>> www.umcrookston.edu
>>>
>>> Small Campus. Big Degree.