WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Gabe Ormsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:24:22 -0500
Web Standardistas!

As we gear up for MinneWebCon on Monday, I wanted to take a moment to
share the news about another upcoming event of interest: DrupalCamp
Twin Cities, May 20-21, 2011 (with pre-camp training on the 19th).

Registration is now open for DrupalCamp Twin Cities! To be held May 20
and 21 at the University of Minnesota's Twin Cities campus, this
Friday-Saturday camp will feature:

- Several parallel session tracks at every experience level, including
talks of interest to designers, developers, site administrators,
corporate decision-makers, and anyone else who wants to find out more
about Drupal.

- A keynote address by Angie"webchick" Byron, a member the Board of
Directors for the Drupal Association, and the core maintainer for the
just-released Drupal 7.

- An all-day pre-camp training session on Thursday May 19, presented
by Chapter Three. The session will touch on nearly every aspect of the
core Drupal Framework. It is free to a limited number of camp
attendees.

A Drupal usability test sprint will precede the DrupalCamp, the
results of which will be first presented in a DrupalCamp session.

A nominal camp fee of $35 will be charged to help cover expenses.

I'd also like to add that proposals for sessions are open, so if you
feel inspired, sign up to present one at the Drupal Camp site.

Registration, session proposals, and more information are all at the
DrupalCamp web site:

http://2011.tcdrupal.org

And as it turns out, MinneWebCon has generously agreed to sponsor
DrupalCamp Twin Cities!

--
Gabe Ormsby
Web & Database Developer