WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Jim Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:06:41 -0600
Kevin-
An aside to this - if you want to adapt the responsive header to a different width, by all means do so. If you're using Github, you can fork URel's repo of it and we'll pull it in as another branch that people can use. I also know that Ben Demaree was working on a full-width version of the Header, so that might already mostly be done.

As for other grids, if you're interested in using SASS, I've toyed a bit with Susy (http://susy.oddbird.net/). The number and width of columns are user-defined, and what I really like about it is that you can change column spans for things at different breakpoints (a div spans 4 columns at X device width, and spans 6 columns at Y width), and you don't clutter up the html will all kinds of "column-x" classes.

Jim Hart
University Relations

--
Jim Hart