WEBSTANDARDS Archives

October 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Tony Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:41:09 -0500
Hi Everyone,

So the live-streaming didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but YouTube archived
the video. I downloaded it and edited it--putting the slides back in. Now
you can see the presentation as it was intended with both slides and
Terminal demos <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqV3oyViVw&feature=youtu.be> if
you weren't able to attend the meeting.

If anyone is interested in signing up for Github
Enterprise<http://github.umn.edu/>
, Kemal Badur <[log in to unmask]> is the person to contact. The cost is $187.50
per develop, per year. If you only want to browse and download code without
pushing code or setting up private repositories, there is no charge.
(Students are also free--unless they are working as developers for a
department.)

As Kemal mentions at the end of the presentation, you can begin using the
service immediately with no restrictions, but he will eventually get in
contact with you if they see you're doing more than just reading. It's the
only way Github would license the service to the University.

Thanks,

Tony

--
Tony Thomas